- The material has been tightly rolled
- There is transfer tape applied to you graphics
- Material has experienced temperature changes
- The vinyl adhesive has “low tack” making it easier to release from the liner
- Been stored away for long periods of time
Tunneling is most commonly seen post-production when you unroll the finished graphics for install. It’s recommended for thinner and more sensitive low tack vinyl to lay flat for a few hours before attempting an install to allow for the vinyl to relax a bit and make it easier to work with.